Thursday, November 9, 2017

Our Rivers are Our Treasures

Have you seen a River that flows in full, from this end of the bank to that end, without waiting for the little children to catch their breath after they fall into it? That is how I spent my summer holidays at my Grandma's village, while I was a little girl. I just watched them swim, in awe. 

I don't know to swim. I am going to learn to swim. But I remember having played in the banks of the river in my Grandma's village, Kattuputhur. I still remember the kids and elders alike, jumping in and swimming against the streams and having fun in the mornings. I still remember how my aunt carried me on her hip and held my head on the river water to wash my hairs.  My face was facing the sky. The view of the open sky and the feel of the current on my hair and head scared me to death. I had long thick hairs, then. :) 




The river has no water there now. It is all dried up. Most of my mother's relatives had to leave farming and migrate to cities in search of some job to make their both ends meet. Now, I wish to do anything to get the river alive. I support the policy that Sadhguru has drafted and submitted to the Indian Government. He states that our Rivers have to be declared as National Treasures. And I wholeheartedly support this. The draft policy document can be downloaded from here




Won't you love to see a green nation with blue rivers flowing all around every village and every city? Won't you want our farmers to return to their homes to grow food for us, right here, in our own soil? Won't you want to put an end to the suicide by poor farmers? 




Please give a missed call to 80009 80009 to show your support to the government. Your call is your vote. Don't you agree that we need to revive our rivers to have a healthy and wealthy nation? I am sure you do agree with me. Thank you for giving a missed call.


Luv u all
Uma
Freelancer

No comments:

Post a Comment