Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why Do Men And Women Stray?

I was 14years old when i heard that one of my Uncle was seeing another woman, while my aunt was away in her college, doing her final year Bachelor Degree in Medicine & Surgery. I thought that my Uncle has committed a sin. And I even thought that my Aunt will not let him to stay with her if she comes to know about his illicit affair. Later, i learnt that my Aunt has accepted his act of adultery terming it as "social menace". Few years later,while i was 18years old, i came to know that my Aunt was attracted towards her colleagues at work.And this time i was matured enough, to accept this act of infidelity as "normal" and not "social menace".

I think Men and Women stray for many reasons.

The first and foremost is the unfulfilled physical needs. I guess Men look at that part of the relationship as the foremost thing in their partners. Is there anybody who can refute this claim?


You can't, because men are made so. Purely because of the amount of testosterone, the sex harmone,in their body. Women have a much smaller amount of testosterone in their bodies compared to men. So, this is something to do with Science, over which no one has control. I remember that i read somewhere Men has ten times more than the testosterone of women. That explains why we find more straying men than women. And last comes the financial and emotional support.

And I guess women stray, firstly, due to the lack of emotional and financial support from their spouses. Lastly, to compensate for the sexual inadequacies in their existing relationship.

I invite you guys to share your thoughts about Straying Men & Women.

Luv u all
Uma
My Workplace
My Services
My Client - Patrick, The Great Speaker
My Client - Aditya, The Upcoming Scientist
Recommendations
My Interests
My Other Blogs
My Tweets
Facebook

13 comments:

  1. From what I have read, and in my experience, most men stray for emotional reasons as well. From feeling lonely with their wife, and/or because the woman they are cheating with makes them smile or feel liked. Here is one source that supports that, but it is not the best source.

    http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20080827_tows_cheating/2

    ReplyDelete
  2. as far as i see it, both men n women stray bcos they feel lonely or insecure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. moreover.... money is a factor... if u hav more money... u tend to show off and u stray....
    but, as in india where only 2 % of the ppl r rich... this is not a big factor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you guys spared some of your time to respond to my posts. Do keep posting your comments. Thank you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uma, While you have stated a "first and foremost" reason for men, yo have stated several for women, almost to the point of justifying why they stray !! Good point Ashi.

    Arun, Showing off for money is valid in India too. You may see if if you had a chance to move closely with the elite society. I would prefer to call it immoral acts rather than straying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sankars What is moral? Whos gonna decide what is moral and immoral?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me there. In my comment I sought to differentiate between straying, which I assumed as a one-time or a short-term act, and habitual / perpetual acts, which I classified as immoral. It is not that I am justifying straying. It is more the magnitude of perpetual / habitual acts I call as immoral. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sankars Asking you whether your assumptions about straying and immoral might vary from cases to cases?

    ReplyDelete
  9. In a broad sense we are discussing cases pertaining to sexual acts. There could be subsects within this based on how the incidents are triggered or happen. My assumption is meant to encompass all such subsects !

    ReplyDelete