Saturday, September 5, 2009

Is Commitment Love?

When my friend said that he is committed to his wife,i asked him the meaning of his sentence. He said that he cant accommodate anybody else in his life other than his wife.

I said, "Do you mean to say that you can't love anybody else other than your wife?". He was quiet for a long time. I even forgot the question that i put to him half an hour earlier.


He asked me, "Why are you confusing Love with Commitment?". I looked at him questioningly. He said, "Love and Commitment are different. It is not necessary that I should love the person whom I am committed to". I was even more puzzled.

He said, "Commitment is fulfilling my responsibilities irrespective of the love I have for them. Loving is that 'extra touch', that i give them when they are in need of me."


I said," It is NOT possible. You cant do justice to LOVE and COMMITMENT by that way. You might get a call from the LOVE as well as COMMITMENT, at the same time. Which one would you choose?. You could only be with either your LOVE or COMMITMENT. So, COMMITMENT will win and LOVE will have to sacrifice. Don't you agree with me?"

I hope you guys will agree with me.

Have a rocking weekend either with your LOVE or COMMITMENT. :)


Luv u all
Uma
My Workplace
My Services
Recommendations
My Interests
My Other Blogs
My Tweets
Facebook

4 comments:

  1. I think in AND instead of OR
    I try to think in abundancy
    The universe is all about abundacy
    if you think in choices you think in a lack of something.

    There are different levels of love.
    You make commitments because you love or not love.
    So you act always out of love.

    This is just my thought Uma.

    Peace & light
    Levien

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your thoughts Levien. It has always been AND and not OR throughout my life. "The universe is all about abundance" - Am with you for this statement. Thanks for this heartfelt and sincere comment.

    Luv You
    Uma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two witty ppl... anwering questions with questions.... :)

    ReplyDelete