Monday, April 27, 2009

The Weekend That Was

Oh! this weekend was great.

Met two new friends who left a lot of impact on me. They were a source of inspiration to look at life differently. Both were introduced to me by couple of my old friends, who are gays. So naturally the first person whom i met is a gay and another is a trans gender.

The first person, Mr.Ram, is a research scientist, who is researching on clinical assessment of HIV affected persons. He calmly explained to me the three categories of HIV affected persons. The first category are those who are infected through the clinical treatments, second who are infected through blood transfusion and the third are those who fall under sexual transmission category.I developed great respect for him when he was talking about his work and the research.

The second person was Miss.Olga, the trans gender. Oh, she was with full of energy, after a hard day's work as a social worker in a very popular Consulting Agency. She started her career in a highly reputed Hospital as a consultant for AIDs patients, after her Post Graduation on Psychology. I felt very proud when she said that she gets lot of job satisfaction and peace when she look at those poor infected souls' face lightening up when they get little help from her and her agency.She is into this social work for the past 7years.

After a brief introduction and chitchat, we decided to have some coffee in the wayside restaurant in the Marina Beach. We were all walking on the sands towards the restaurant. I heard cat calls from all around the place. I was perturbed by those nasty comments about the appearance and the walking style of my friends.Though my companions were not disturbed, I was. Perhaps they were all used to these things in public. I do not understand the behavior of those people, who were throwing nasty comments at my friends.

Why should people look at my friends differently? How could they justify their cat calls at my friends? They don't know anything about my friends to make any comments about them. When would society learn to accept people for what they are and treat everybody alike? No one has any right to make fun of others. Let them first look at themselves and find out whether they are all making best use of whatever they have to improve the life of the fellow human beings who are in distress.

I love you, my friends and i hate you, people who fails to understand the feelings of others.


*for those who read my previous post "Fear of Aging" - Ram asked me whether am a student of any college. LOL.


Uma
My Workplace
My Services
My Interests

5 comments:

  1. Hai Uma

    I am very proud and nice to have friend like u. who really likes and understand others feelings. Your the second person whom i have met in my life to take care of others feelings i cant express my feelings to u abt how i feel for u just to say one thing ur great keep it up.

    Take care
    Bye
    Anbu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Anbu. Imagine if only people tries to understand other's feelings and try to accommodate them for whatever they are, the world would be a heaven. I pray let the world become one soon.

    Uma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Sweets.. that was great reading ur blog..i enjoyed reading them .what ever u said is correct . We have to accept people for what they are.

    Am really happy and pround to have friend like you.

    Never Judge a person until you walke a mile in theire shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True Phil. Thanks for the visit and your time. Luv u. :)- Uma

    ReplyDelete