Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hugging and Kissing Is Banned

I was also surprised when my niece, Shruti, a four and half year old, told me that hugging and kissing is banned at home. She revealed this to me when she was at my home last weekend. That was a sunny Sunday afternoon. So we stayed indoors and was having fun playing with my niece. Once i called her near me. She came near me and was staring at my eyes. I said, "Give me a hug darling". She came near and hugged me reluctantly. My sister was watching this. Shruti said,"Hugging and kissing is banned at home. So don't hug and kiss me". I looked at my sister questioningly. She said,"Yes i have told my daughter to not to allow anybody, at school or at any place, to hug and kiss her". My sister has even advised her husband to not to hug and kiss Shruti.

Hugging gives us all the wanted solace, when we are down. Hugging gives us all the courage, when we doubt our own capabilities. Hugging gives us a feel of security when we feel insecure. We hug someone to show that we care for them. Last weekend I was watching the movie "Seven Years In Tibet". This movie is based on the book written by Heinrich Harrer, his experiences in Tibet, during Second World War (between 1944 and 1951). I felt pity for the child Dalai Lama. He was living away from his family and doesn't lead a life of an ordinary child. Brad Pitt, who is playing Heinrich Harrer in the movie becomes a tutor of the Dalai Lama and get chances to be with the child Dalai Lama even in the odd hours. The child Dalai Lama was emotionally down and Heinrich Harrer gives him a gentle hug and that is when the child Dalai Lama breaks down to shed a few tears. I could feel the solace the child Dalai Lama would have received from that simple hug.

Where are we heading- If a simple hug is banned at home, and deprive the children and the future generation, of their way of showing their love for each other? What is the reason for banning a simple hug and a peck? Is our society so unsafe? Are we surrounded by dangerous species in the guise of men? My answer is "YES" for the last two questions. Have we ever read about child molestation by woman of any society? Have we ever read about children being raped, operated and dumped at their backyard, by a woman or women? Are we not living in a civilized world? Are we living in a JUNGLE called EARTH? Who is responsible for this state of affairs? Should we point our fingers at us?

Disturbed and Worried :(
Uma
My Workplace
My Services
My Interests
My Other Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I have heard/read about some women who facilitate men to have forcible sex or rape with other women/underage females.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Tom. Its fairly practiced among sex workers(the "madams") and the women in poor families. But what could be the root cause of this practice? I think its starts from the family and the community. Are we following good family norms? Are we creating a safe and better world for our future generation? I feel that we are the ones to be blamed for this poor state of affairs. What do you think about this?

    ReplyDelete