Thursday, July 2, 2009

Victory For Gays, Am Proud Of My Friends

The Delhi High Court today decriminalized Homosexuality. This is good for the entire Gay community in India but bad for the cops who were harassing the community in the name of law.

There was an incidence that happened last year, which made me furious. A gay friend of mine was lured into homosexual act by a man near the Marina Beach in Chennai, one night. This man later identified himself as a policeman by showing his id card, on the same night, after the act. He then blackmailed my friend saying that he would arrest him for his act.Later, the policeman started harassing him now and then. And my friend used to give money to the policeman to either keep his mouth shut or to avoid problems at home. This is just one incident. And there are lot more that are swept under the cover.

I am glad that human rights is restored by striking the IPC 377. Every human being has the right to lead his/ her life in his/ her own way, as long as it doesn't affect a fellow human being. Am going to celebrate this victory with my gay and trans gender friends this weekend. What about you?

Luv u all
Uma
My Workplace
My Services
My Interests
Recommendations
My Other Blogs

4 comments:

  1. DEAR..

    Thanks for being there
    Always being so aware
    Thanks for being near when I needed you here
    Thanks for staying so close when I needed you the most

    Thanks for the love your rain on me like a dove
    Always seeming as if you are from right above
    Thanks for the times you seem to help me enjoy love

    Thanks for being here when I need someone near
    Thanks for being there
    Also for being so fair

    Thanks for saying hi
    When they all shouted good-bye
    Thanks for giving me the time of day
    When all your friends didn’t bother to say hey

    Thank ya so much diiiii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for all the support! You are wonderful!

    Aniruddhan

    ReplyDelete