Friday, January 6, 2012

Everyday Musings

Yesterday morning, after I boarded the 8.40am train in Pallavaram, a beggar hopped into the ladies' compartment. His face was unshaven and was wearing a faded white Kurta and Pyjama. The train started moving. He looked down, closed his eyes and muttered, "Ya!Allah". 


He started singing, stretching his palm for alms, "கேளுங்கள் தரப்படும். தட்டுங்கள் திறக்கப்படும் வேறென்ன கிடைக்கும் என்றார் இயேசு வேறென்ன கிடைக்கும் என்றார்"


The translation of those words - Jesus said, "Ask and it shall be given unto you; knock and it shall be opened unto you".  A good example of religious harmony.


Yesterday evening, I was waiting for the train to Chromepet in the Guindy Station. A boy was waiting for the train carrying two big bags. He was wearing over sized weather jacket. As soon as the train halted, every one rushed into the compartment including him. Another traveler started shouting at him,"Hey boy, that is ladies compartment. Get into the next coach." Our lad shouted back in a feminine voice, pointing his hand towards the ladies coach,"Ladies Compartment". We smiled at each other. The girl looked at me and said,"I am in the Indian Army na , am not supposed to grow hair. People mistake me for a boy due to my hair cut". 


I felt proud of her. She was carrying a heavy bag on her back and another heavy one on one of her shoulders. She reminded me of the movie "G.I. Jane". That movie was a great inspiration to me.

Luv u all
Uma
Freelancer

No comments:

Post a Comment